Friday, August 5, 2011

Diary of a bereaved Mother: fellow bereaved mothers.


In my book, I wrote about uncanny incidences that happened to my life.

Last night it happened again. I got an email from a bereaved mum C, if I had the contacts of another Campomelic family I had told her about.

The thing is, I have not told her about a family I knew, but I knew of another family K who sadly just lost their child.

C replied that was the very family she was looking for.

Our angels in Heaven were leading us to connect each other through email and Facebook.

Something uncanny happened when I read about K, and I asked her if her child had Campomelic. She replied yes, and we became friends. She wrote that she heard about me from a mutual friend before I FB her.

You may not think it is strange, you see, I am in New Zealand, and C and K are in Australia, and we are separated by the Tasman Sea.

The following is copied from C's Facebook.

If you know someone who has lost a child or lost anybody who is important to them, and you're afraid to mention them because you think you might make them sad by reminding them that they died, they didn't forget they died. You're not reminding them. What you are reminding them of is that you remember that they lived, and that's a great, great gift.
Elizabeth Edwards

Here, this post and flowers is for C and K. As an older bereaved mother, I love you.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking that this Elizabeth Edwards is John Edward's wife, she just recently passed away? That was such a tragic story. But what a very profound statement!! People are often not wanting to bring up the subject because of opening up old wounds...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ginny, It didn't click when I read It. Elizabeth must have anticipated her own death. It is scary that people can die of cancer.I don't like her husband for what he did and had done to her. I watch in Opra show and it was about her book.

    ReplyDelete