Sunday, August 26, 2012

A little bud about to be nipped


I once wrote a post about nipping in the bud.

This morning, I joked with my friend Chang Yi. We both posted a photo of the fallen Camelia flowers. She was visiting Perth and was philosophical about the waste that they still gave enjoyment for a few more days. Previously, I found out about Camelia oil and had joked with her that we could produce the expensive oil together. I wrote, what a waste.

In actual fact, I am in no mood for jokes. This Thursday, I was told that a 7 year old kid was dying. I had not met this girl, and she had cancer since she was 3. I  offer myself to talk to the classmates. But with protocol I didn't know if it is  appropriate. I wanted to tell these kids that it is ok to cry, and with death will come to the end of pain and suffering for their friend. She had suffered so much that  it was better to let go. But for her mum, she will always miss her and suffer a lot time.

Last night, I face booked a new friend K who has a child in remission from Cancer. I told her about the kid.

I didn't know the child and her mum's name, but reading K's post, I connected the dots. I asked her if we are talking about the same person and sent her mum  a message. This morning, the mum messaged me, Now we have made a connection.

Here is a mum facing the prospective of becoming a bereaved mum. I am having a mental journey with her and holding her hand.

My heart is grieved, here is a bud about to be nipped. What can her poor mother do? I recalled the days when Andrew was dying, I wanted to spend every minute with him. Friends ask me to rest, but how can I, know my child was dying. I can imagine the mum walking the same road as me, wearing the same pair of pinching shoes.

Don't be strong, It is Ok to cry. I love you, KS.

I got my copy of this book. I started reading it, and hoping get some gem from it as I connect with KS.

http://annkitsuetchin.blogspot.co.nz/2012/07/hurting-hope-by-charles-and-joanne.html

1 comment:

  1. My dear K, 23 year ago, my Angel Andrew was born on this very day, 29 September 1989, and began his dying journey which lasted 55 days. You had been a lot, you are allowed to cry. Separation is hard and painful. You will miss her. Right now, you will feel relieved that Z suffers no more, but you will have empty arms.

    ReplyDelete