Thursday, June 25, 2015

Oscar Wilde on death.





"Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft 

brown earth with the grasses waving above 

one's head and listen to silence. To have no 

yesterday, no tomorrow . to forget time, to 

forgive life, to be at peace"- Oscar Wilde.. writer (1854-1900)

When I first read this quote, I thought to myself, Oscar Wilde must be crazy. How can death be beautiful. Then I pondered and read this quote again and again. I grasped his meaning.

Death to the dead is indeed peaceful, no more pain, no more tears. However, to the living mourning for his death, thinking of their loved ones, it is far from beautiful. I often thought on a cold winter's day, how my poor Andrew was freezing and wet in the hole. 

Bereavement has not expiry date. I finally made the symbolic closure on Andrew's 21st. I finished writing his book and told him, Andrew, Mum is going on the next chapter of her life. Mum is not going to mourn for you, but will channel my energies to help others. He must have heard me from above, and gave me his blessings.

I joined the sands, my slogan to the nearly bereaved is it's ok to cry.

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete