Thursday, August 20, 2015

Tyla Nathan Wong: newly appointed Canteen Ambassador and letter N





I met Tyla Nathan Wong during the New Zealand Chinese Association Chinese New Zealand dinner. Very proud of her.

Tyla Nathan Wong :My Story

I've created this page because I want to make a difference. I am a newly appointed Canteen Ambassador. I wanted to be apart of Canteen to help make a difference and to be apart of something bigger. I am inspired by the work of Canteen New Zealand and wanted to support them by raising money as part of my participation in The Crank 2015-Auckland. Help me help them by using the 'Give Now' button. The more people that know about Canteen New Zealand, the greater their impact. So please help by spreading the word by sharing my page with your friends and family. Thank you in advance for your generosity, it truly means a lot.xx

Screen shot 2012 01 05 at 1.24.23 pm
Charity

CanTeen New Zealand

CanTeen exists for the benefit of young people (aged 13 to 24) living with cancer – be they patients, siblings or bereaved siblings. Our mission is to support, develop and empower them throughout their cancer experience, with the ultimate goal that they not only survive it but that that t they go on to thrive beyond it.
As a newly appointed CanTeen New Zealand Ambasador I'm taking part in The Crank-Auckland. The Crank is a 12 hour indoor cycling spectacular where people raise their heart beats and raise money to support young people living with cancer.
This is all happening on the 21 August. My goal over the next few days is to try and reach $300 but it would be awesome if we could surpass that!!
I will be up on stage cycling at 1pm, but I will be there early to get amongst the atmosphere. If your doing nothing/not busy come down and join/show your support. Alexis Tapsell will also be joining me. 


Here is a link if you wish to make a donation and thank you very much in advance!!


Missing

Tyla Nathan-Wong



https://thecrank2015-auckland.everydayhero.com/nz/tyla-nathan-wong

Ann Chin's personal story.  By now, you all know that my baby died of a terrible syndrome. I grieved a lot. But after he died, life could go on to some sort of a normalcy if there is such a thing. I still do not know if it is better to suffer intensely for a short time, or for those mums who have children suffering a lifetime. I have a friend who has 3 children afflicted of serious problems. That tugs my heart strings.

http://jennymatlock.blogspot.co.nz/


search/label/Alphabe-Thursday


 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful charity. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they'll be able to reach their goal. I like your outlook, Ann. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete