Monday, January 11, 2016

An open letter to the Attorney General . Sophie's Law



Petitioning Attorney General An open letter to the Attorney General . Sophie's Law

Attorny General please bring in Sophie's Law to protect all unborn babies post 30 weeks gestation.

I was 39 weeks pregnant when a drunk driver on drugs crashed into my car - as a result of this accident my baby died. I gave birth to her still body. But despite this reckless drunk causing the accident in which my baby died, he only received a pathetic $950 fine and a 5 month driving suspension. The decision was made last month. It’s been hell. Instead of bringing my baby girl home I had to plan her funeral - I was that close to the end of my pregnancy. And now the man responsible gets away with it because she was stillborn and has no rights in a court of law. I want that law changed. I want all babies past 30 weeks gestation to have the right to be classed as a human being. I want pregnant women protected against acts of violence and against their babies dying because of an avoidable cause. Sophie should be alive but because of a careless act caused by a driver that does not care, he holds no responsibility for his action and walks free. All babies born past 20 weeks gestation need to have a birth certificate, a death certificate and also a funeral. So why is it that only in a court of law, does a baby have no rights to be counted? This petition is to give a voice to a little baby who will never take her first steps. Please, please support me by signing and sharing it to introduce Sophie’s Law. Thank you, Sarah. NB: Please note I do not want to affect a woman's right to abortion or have a pregnancy terminated for any medical reasons.
Letter to
Attorney General An open letter to the Attorney General . Sophie's Law
Sophie's Law to allow babies past 30 weeks gestation the right to be counted as a person.
Sarah Milosevic started this petition with a single signature, and now has 77,099 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.

Updates


  1. 1 hour ago
    75,000 supporters

No comments:

Post a Comment