Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Trunk/chest

Yesterday a pair of siblings, aged 7 and 8, died inside a hope chest. I googled to find out a hope chest is made of wood. I felt so sad for the parents.

Authorities say the pair became trapped Jan. 12 in a chest that had been recalled because it could only be opened from the outside. The deaths have been ruled accidental.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2014/01/19/funeral-set-for-franklin-children-trapped-chest/DI9gBa4NeJLX65yRNSMgtK/story.html

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2014/01/14/franklin-children-deaths-termed-tragic-accident-hope-chest-was-produced-during-recall-year/WMGv7hcZOX0pv1Ye0uhu8O/story.html

I took a photo of this chest, when Dad came hope from England by plane, his chest traveled by sea. I was 4, and I remembered Mum and Dad carrying the chest back from the motor boat. It was a metal metal truck that it took both of them to carry it.

Mum and Dad always warned us not to go inside it.

It was the trunk that was symbolic of the day Dad came home from England. I looked far and while to look for a trunk.

I took this photo waiting for a chance to write a story. This one in the photo was to represent my dad's chest, we called it metal trunk. He brought it back from England. No one in the village had seen a chest like that.

Photo: yesterday a pair of siblings, aged 7 and 8, died inside a hope chest. I googled to find out a hope chest is made of wood. I felt so sad for the parents. 
I took a photo of this chest, when Dad came hope from England by plane, his chest traveled by sea. I was 4, and I remembered Mum and Dad carrying the chest back from the motor boat.
I took this photo waiting for a chance to do a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment