Improving health during pregnancy & preventing infant eczema and allergy
What is the study about?
We want to find out if by giving pregnant women a specific probiotic we can:
- Stop infants developing eczema and allergy
- Help pregnant women’s health by preventing:
- Some vaginal infections
- A type of diabetes that occurs only in pregnancy (gestational diabetes)
What are probiotics?Probiotics are helpful microbes that occur naturally in many foods such as yoghurt. They provide health benefits.
Who can take part in this study?
Women taking part in the study need to:
1. Be less than 16 weeks pregnant
2. Either they (the pregnant woman) or the biological father of the unborn child must have had eczema, asthma or hay fever that was treated by a doctor at some time in the past
I wish this study was conducted when I had my babies.