Monday, April 21, 2014

Prinka Rana from Nepal.


 When I met  Prinka Rana from Nepal, and I told her when I see her, I see my connection with Nepal. When I asked her to have this photo taken with her, I explained that I wanted to write about the balloon release. That day, I was going to join bereaved families to release balloons to our angels in heaven. I wrote Andrew and Jamuna's names.

In 2000, I was privileged to be involved with two Siamese twins from Nepal. I answered an appeal and set up my own appeal in NTU. I made a scrap book with all the emails, newspaper cuttings and photographs. I saw Jamuna and Ganga while they were still conjoined. This is a great privileged.
It was a very intense and hard work. But if I have to do it again, I will happily do so. The operation was successful and they went home to Nepal.

Sadly, Ganga died in 2008.

In the photos, the young couple are the parents, Sandhya Shrestha and Bhushan. Sandhya is reading my scrap book. Manchala is my very good friend. Shrija is from Nepal. The elderly gentleman is Shrija's father-in-law. Both Manchala and Shrija were involved in the donation drive.

Sandhya asked through an interpretor why I was doing it.  I told her, " I couldn't fight for my son, I want to help you fight for your babies."

My readers may remember my post:
http://annkschin.blogspot.com/2008/11/nepalese-siamese-twins.html

No comments:

Post a Comment