Sunday, October 30, 2011

Diary of a bereaved mother

School reopened last week and I showed some of my students the TV Clip of my interview for the Baby Loss Awareness Week. They said they felt very sad and asked if I was still sad.

We can never get over our loss. One of the blogging things is I had some very good blogging friends. YTSL went on holiday to Japan and her post on "broken" touched my heart.

"This bodhisattva is particularly revered among East Asian Buddhists -- and beloved in Japan, where he is popularly venerated as the guardian of unborn, aborted, miscarried or stillborn infants.

Put another way: every figurine in the photo represents people's unborn, aborted, miscarried or stillborn babies. Looking at them, it's not just their numbers that can overwhelm. For often placed amidst the cold stone or cement statuettes are stuffed toys, tiny shoes and other items associated with babyhood."

I think this is a great idea. It is something symbolic for Mums and dads to do.

http://webs-of-significance.blogspot.com/2011/10/broken-this-weeks-photo-hunt-theme.html

On the other hand, I just read last week that some insensitive people have messed up other children's grave and to the extent of stealing their toys. How callous is that?


In this little grave lies a loved child at Okahu Bay. The parents must have chosen this to represent themselves. It is heart breaking



http://apps.facebook.com/yourlifecontest/content/diary-bereaved-mother
Vote for my story, you can vote once a day. Voting finishes on November 15th. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment