Monday, October 10, 2011

Sands New Zealand: Stillbirth and Newborn Death Support

I wear these two Sands bands all the time and talk about Andrew when people ask why I am wearing them.





www.sands.org.nz/

Welcome to Sands New Zealand. We are a voluntary, parent-run, non-profit organisation set up to support parents and families who have experienced the death of a baby.

Most of our members/supporters are also bereaved parents. While we do not know exactly how you are feeling, we have been in similar circumstances. We offer empathy and understanding. We are not counsellors and do not give formal advice but we do offer an opportunity and environment to share experiences, to talk and to listen. We promote awareness, understanding and support for those dealing with the death of a baby in pregnancy, birth or as a newborn, and due to medical termination or other forms of reproductive loss.

http://www.youtube.com/asiadownunder#p/c/C9FEF73B56807B22/3/IZk9w-uywAs

The TV Program was available in New Zealand only.
http://tvnz.co.nz/asia-downunder/s2011-e31-video-4453514

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ann, How very sad to lose a child. Just last night, I finished a memoir by Elizabeth McCracken - "An Exact Replica of a Figment of My Imagination." It was heartbreaking but also uplifting. Her baby went to term but was stillborn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann,
    Sounds like you have your own story to tell. I'm very glad you stopped by my blog so I had a chance to check out yours. I'd be honored to have you as my cyber-friend!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete