Saturday, March 17, 2012

Red riding hood's cape







My school had a book sale to raise funds and inspire students to read. e had a book eek. I did my bit to encourage my kids. I asked them if they wanted a Red Riding Hood's hood. I surprised them with a home made hood. They all wore it and I took photos. Sorry I couldn't show you all my Red Riding Hoods. This one, I had to put blinds on.

This past week, the cousin of this girl who modeled my hood told me that her aunt who I had met briefly and her grand ma were in a drastic accident. I thought of my mum, This year is her 25th anniversary. Mum was killed in a very bad car accident. Barely less than 2 years after her death, Andrew was born.

This cape or hood is easy to make. I used a piece of velcro at the collar. The kids love it, even the boys. If you have kids, it's a great dressing up. I didn't even use a sewing machine. Buy the kind of material that won't fray, and it is easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment