Monday, April 15, 2013

Explosions at Boston Marathon.


Two Explosions At Boston Marathon

US Correspondent Jack Tame with details on the explosions at the Boston Marathon.

I woke up and my husband told me of the bombing. So sad, people using sports for their political ends. I remember I ran the Singapore Marathon in 2005. At the end of the run, I just just so tired that I wanted to lie down.

My sympathies of the mums of the two who had died. Sorry you are forced to join my club. Club of the bereaved parents.Two dead in Boston Marathon blasts: police

BOSTON, Massachusetts (AFP) - At least two people were killed and 23 wounded when two explosions struck near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday, sparking scenes of panic, police said.
The streets were littered with debris and blood and paramedics raced off with stretchers as police locked down the area, witness said. TV footage showed an explosion sending up a white plume of smoke along the sidelines of the race.
Boston police confirmed the toll of dead and wounded on its Twitter feed.
Local radio said the first explosion took place near a sports store and the second went off near a viewing stand. It was not immediately clear whether the explosions were accidental or the result of a terrorist attack.
"There were two bombs that exploded near the finish line in today's Boston Marathon," race organizers said on the event's Facebook page, without providing a source for the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment