Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A harrowing experience, car restraints


A child that is properly secured in an approved child restraint is less likely to be injured or killed in a car crash than one who is not.

The new national child restraint laws state in Australia:

  • Children younger than six months must be secured in a rearward facing restraint.
  • Children aged six months to under four years must be secured in either a rear or forward facing restraint.
  • Children aged four years to under seven years must be secured in forward facing child restraint or booster seat.
  • Children younger than four years cannot travel in the front seat of a vehicle with two or more rows.
  • Children aged four years to under seven years cannot travel in the front seat of a vehicle with two or more rows, unless all other back seats are occupied by children younger than seven years in a child restraint or booster seat.
I always buckled up my children in their car restraints, but I had this  harrowing experience. It was shortly after Andrew had died. I had a 4 years plus kid, and a 20 month kid. I stopped the car at one of the most busy road in Auckland, before I could unbuckle the 20 month old out of her car seat, the 4 year old had dashed across the road. Cars screeched to a stop on both directions. Lots of old ladies pointing their fingers at me. 


A kind woman said, "Next time, unbuckle the baby first"


 If 4 year old was killed, I wouldn't want to live either.I need a Valium washed down with wine!


 My oldest daughter in her bucket seat. I used to take her out in the garden when I hung up the laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment